Friday 13 May 2016

Moscow Symphony Orchestra

This was by far the best classical concert that I have seen so far in Colston Hall. The music seemed to both lift and dull my spirits by turns and many times I found myself closing my eyes so I could just focus on the music. I'm not going to lie and say there weren't any times I found myself searching for a clock, but there was something beautiful about learning to sit through the music even when I really wanted to follow my youngest sister's example and start fidgeting in my seat. Expanding and challenging what I enjoy and experience is something that can, in-itself be very rewarding. Not only did I get to experience the world renowned Moscow Symphony Orchestra but also to widen my own taste in music.

One of the most amusing parts of the concert was that there were three encores. Yes, three. After the second half finished everyone clapped, so the conductor came back on, bowed and left again. Then everyone clapped louder, so the conductor came back, bowed and played another piece. He then bowed, left, everyone clapped and he came back. Then, he left, everyone clapped, he came back, he played a piece and left again. THEN... Anyway it took a long time and I was laughing a lot by the end, along with most of the audience, excluding my two sister who were desperate for it to be over!

No comments:

Post a Comment